Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Integrity and Ministry: Introduction

What a trip! And I thought Big Eden was fiction. It appears not as fictitious as one might imagine. I am living my own Big Eden experience in my first pastorate.

Forget what you thought about small towns and small churches. . .I have. I came to this small church and community expecting to have a very short stay as a pastor --mostly because I insist that ministry is founded on integrity and thus, I must be "out" as a lesbian. Not only because I have lived openly with my partner of 14 years, but because the issue of integrity in the ministry is so important right now.

It hasn't been easy, really, but it has been fulfilling beyond my wildest dreams. In the blogs that follow, I will share some of my experiences on route to publishing my book about my life and ministry.

5 Comments:

Blogger Songbird said...

Hi, rev jen. Welcome to RevGalBlogPals! I just added you to the members' list and the Blog roll. I hope you will find blogging and being part of the ring as good an experience as I have.

6:44 AM

 
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Welcome from me, too. :) Look forward to reading you!

1:26 PM

 
Blogger LutheranChik said...

Welcome from another RevGalBlogPal! Stop by my blog sometime.;-)

7:16 AM

 
Blogger the tentmaker said...

Welcome. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

I'm in a country church too. We are small, about 40 in membership. I, too , thought it would be a short pastorate, but I've been here going on eight years.

12:00 PM

 
Blogger juniper68 said...

Hey Jen (from another Jen....)
I'm really enjoying your blog - I'm reading the Jan 23rd entry, but dont see a place to comment, so I'm coming to say HI way back here. that country/city tension you talk about is so real. In our family, we've chosen the city, for NOW, but we still do feel that tug and pull. Thanks for writing about it with such grace.

10:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
RevGalBlogPals
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next